Engine block heater 9-3 Z18XE 1
4. 4 32 026 196 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- 9 Fit the bracket (A) to the bumper. The bracket should snap in. 10 Route the connecting cable (B) through the bracket and fit the nut (C). 11 Turn the bumper over. 12 Fit the inner bracket (D), make sure that it locks, and fit the connecting cable (E) in the bracket. 13 Tighten the nut (C) by hand. 14 Undo the screw (F) for the fog light, route the connecting cable (E) under the fog light bracket. Refit the screw (F). 15 Lower the car. F920A074 D E B F C A C
2. 2 32 026 196 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- 1 Heating element 2 Connecting cable extension piece 3 Connecting cable with ground cable 4 Plastic nut 5 Outer bracket 6 Inner bracket 7Screw 8 Serrated washer 9 Heat shield 10 Clip (not used) 11 Cable tie 12 Retaining clip (x2) 13 Extension cable F920A072 3 13 6 5 4 8 9 12 11 10 1 2 7
5. 32 026 196 5 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- 16 Remove the engine cover (A). 17 Unplug the oxygen se nsor's connector (A) and unhook the oxygen sensor's wiring harness from the clips (C). 18 Remove the exhaust manifold's heat shield (D). 19 Remove the frost plug (E) using tool 260 147 020. Use a long 17 mm socket for example. Clean the s ealing surface on the engine block. 20 Apply non-acidic Vaseline, part no. 30 06 665, or equivalent to the engine block heater O-ring. 21 Adjust the T-shaped support on the engine block heater, so that it is lo cated between both heating coils, align the heater in the cylinder block and fit it with the electrical connection located between the exhaust manifold and the oil dipstick. 22 Fit the nut (F). Tightening torque 3.5 Nm (2.5 lbf ft) Important There must be approx. 10 mm between the engine block heater and the oil dipstick. F920A075 A D C C B E D D F
6. 6 32 026 196 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- 23 Guide the heat shield onto the cable (A). 24 Apply non-acidic Vaseline, part no. 30 15 286, or equivalent on the connecting cable O-ring and connect the cable (B) to the engine block heater. 25 Fit the retaining clip (C) over the connection. A click should be heard wh en the retaining clip is fitted correctly. 26 Secure the heat shield (A) on top of the electri- cal connection and pinch the ends of the heat shield. 27 Fit the exhaust manifold's heat shield (D). 28 Fit the oxygen sensor's wiring harness into the clips and plug in the connector (E). Fit the con- nector to the bracket (E). 29 Secure the connecting cable with cable ties (F). Bend the cable in an even curve so that it can take up any engine movement. WARNING It is essential to lubr icate the connecting cable O-ring before it is connected and to ensure that all connections are pressed in properly. A bad con- tact can cause overheating and fire. WARNING Make sure the cable does not rub against any sharp edges or hot surfaces. Damage caused by chafing and melting could cause a short circuit or even fire. F920A060 F920A076 C B A F F D E E
1. Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- 900 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- Engine block heater Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 32 026 188 Oct 07 32 026 196 F920A071
3. 32 026 196 3 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- 1 Remove the expansion tank cap. 2 Remove the bumper's upper screws (A). 3 Raise the car. 4 Remove the bumper's lower screws (A), unplug the bumper's connector (B) and remove it from the holder (C) on the spoiler shield. Cars with headlamp washers: Unhook the hose from the spoiler shield. 5 Place a receptacle under the engine, open the drain plug on the bottom of the coolant pump and drain the coolant. 6 Remove the left-hand front wheel. 7 Remove the left-hand front wing liner (D). 8 Remove the bumper shell. WARNING The cooling system is under pressure. Hot coolant and steam can be released. - Therefore, open the cap slowly to release the pressure. - Carelessness can cause eye and burn injuries WARNING Exercise caution if the engine is hot. Coolant is hot and there is also the risk of burns from the exhaust manifold. F920A073 A A A A D D D D A A D D A A A C B
7. 32 026 196 7 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- 30 Raise the car. 31 Route the connecting cable through the hole (A). 32 Fit the bumper shell, fit the bumper's connector into the holder and plug in the connector. Cars with headlamp washers: Hook the hose to the spoiler shield. 33 Connect the extension cable (B) to the connect- ing cable, fit the retaining clip (C) over the con- nection. A click should be heard when the retaining clip is fitted correctly. Fit any excess connecting cable in the space in the bumper, and secure with a cable tie. 34 Fit the ground cable to the grounding point (D) with the existing domed nut. 35 Fit the wing liner (E). 36 Fit the left-hand front wheel. 37 Lower the car. 38 Cars with headlamp washers: Check the func- tion of the headlamp washers. 39 Fill with coolant and fit the cap on the expansion tank. Check the system for leaks. 40 Bleed the cooling system in the following way: Fill the cooling system to the MAX level. Close the cap on the expansion tank, start the engine and run it to operating temperature at varying engine speeds. Make sure there is a continuous flow of coolant from the hose leading from the thermostat hous- ing to the expansion tank. Run the engine until the thermostat opens. Carefully open the expansion tank cap and top up to the MAX level. Close the cap. Switch off the engine and if necessary top the coolant up to the MAX level. F920A077 E E E E E A B C D E WARNING The cooling system is u nder pressure. Hot coolant and steam can be released. - Therefore, open the ca p slowly to release the pressure. - Carelessness can cause eye and burn injuries Note The A/C or ACC should be turned OFF.
8. 8 32 026 196 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M08- User instructions • The extension cable must be made of oil-resist- ant rubber and approved for outdoor use with a cross-sectional area of at least 3x1.5 mm 2 . • The heater system may only be connected to a grounded socket. • Handle all cables with care. Pay particular atten- tion to the risk of pinching between the bonnet and the body of the car and the risk of cuts on sharp metal components. • Inspect regularly the extension cable for damage or ageing. Damaged cables must be renewed immediately. WARNING Check the ground connection between the con- necting cable ground pin, the heater casing and the car body regularly to prevent electric shocks. Note The function of the heat er will be at risk if: • there are impurities in the coolant • the coolant level is too low or if there is air in the system • there is ice slush in the system • radiator sealant is used
- 779 Totale weergaven
- 657 Websiteweergaven
- 122 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 22 www.saabpartners.com
- 2 184.108.40.206
- 2 saab.aardug.com
- 6 saabpartners.com
- 5 220.127.116.11
Spatplaat, voor1834 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L1670 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-31642 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 11629 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 11601 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-51587 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 61587 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon1545 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-51532 Weergaven.
Ice scraper 9-31444 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-1444 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 9-5 4D 11391 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D1380 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-51371 Weergaven.
Aanvullingskit standverwarming1354 Weergaven.