Engine/cabin heater 9-3 2
5. 32 000 518 5 Saab 9-3 M05- Electrical connection kit Wiring harness F920A013
21. 32 000 518 21 Saab 9-3 M05- Wiring diagram 342 19 +30 18 F 707 51 40 41 216 28 29 BN/OG 0.35 I82 PK 0.35 I84 736 16 17 2 1 11 12 13 15 14 OG/W H 0.35 I80 GN/GY 0.35 I58 BK 0.35 I31-58 BK/YE 0.35 I83 E30-57 2.5 RD 0.75 VT/WH C30-200 0.5 RD OG 0.5 J171 86 85 +30 4 22 35 +15 18 29 504 17 32 VT/WH RD 12.5 RD 30.5 GN 70.75 BN 40.75 BN 22.5 BK J170 BK 2.5 6 G30A 50.75 BK OG/BU 0.35 I81 LS1-15 0.5 GN P54-3 0.75 VT/WH 711 12 H27-1 15 0.5 RD P31-50 0.5 RD/WH 24 5 5 M 1 2 16 449 1 2 3 4 6 7 5 737 660 f e + ac bINFO PUSH CLEAR NIGHT PANEL TCS - d - g ESP CUSTOMIZE 87A 87 30 453 M 597 23 16 U U 14 13 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 M U 597a 597b 597c 597d 597e 597f + - 323a 409a (ACC) (MCC) I-BUS (SOP) F3E17P 030616
3. 32 000 518 3 Saab 9-3 M05- Fuel connection kit 12 804 145 (CV) 1 Fuel hose (tank-pump) 2 Fuel hose (pump-heater) 3 Junction hose 4 Hose clip, fuel line (x2) 5Hose 6 Hose clip (x2) (One is mounted on hose (5)) F920A044 2 1 4 3 5 6
4. 4 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- Fuel connection kit 12 804 146 (4D) 1 Fuel hose (tank-pump) 2 Fuel hose (pump-heater) 3 Junction hose, straight 4 Hose clip, fuel line (x2) 5Pipe 6O-ring 7Nut 8 Junction hose, angled 9 Hose clip 10 Hose clip 11 Hose 12 Hose clip (x2) (One is mounted on hose (11)) F920A045 10 8 4 5 3 7 6 11 12 2 1 9
16. 16 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- 66 Raise the car. 67 Pull down the fuel pump wiring harness. 68 Thread the fuel pump fuel line up between the heater and the longitudinal frame member. 69 Connect the fuel line to the heater. 70 Fit the fuel pump fuel line into the clips on the underside of the vehicle floor. The fuel line should be located in the upper groove of each clip. 71 Open the clips on the underside of the floor and locate the fuel line in the grooves. Close the clips and fasten the fuel line with cable ties (x7) between the clips. F920A052 70 71
2. 2 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- Heater kit 32 000 516 1 Petrol heater 2 Holder 3 Exhaust system 4Bolt M6x100 5 Nut M8 (x3) 6 Nut M6 (x2) 7 Coolant hoses/pipes 8Bolt 9 Hose clip (x2) 10 Fuel Pump 11 Cable tie (x20) 12 Protective cover, fuel pump 13 Bracket, fuel pump 14 Vibration damper 15 Clamp 16 Nut M6 (x2) 17 Bolt (x2) 18 Junction hose 19 Hose clip, fuel line (x2) 20 Label F920A062 5 2 4 8 9 7 3 1 6 11 19 20 16 12 10 13 17 15 18 14
14. 14 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- 59 Remove the wiper arms using puller 85 80 144. Remove also the bonnet seal and the cover over the bulkhead space. F920A050 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59
7. 32 000 518 7 Saab 9-3 M05- Preparations Reduction of fuel pressure 1 Let the engine idle. 2 Remove fuse No. 2 (fuel pump) from the electri- cal centre located in front of the battery in the engine compartment. 3 When the engine has stopped the ignition key must be turned to the OFF position. 4 Refit the fuse. Emptying the fuel tank The fuel tank is not fitted with a drain plug. Where work on the fuel system requires emptying of the fuel tank this is done with an emptying unit via the filler pipe. Before emptying read carefully through the instruc- tions supplied with the emptying unit. Important Pay attention to cleanliness when working on the fuel system. Prevent dirt from entering the tank and fuel lines. Be careful not to damage the non-return valve in the fuel tank when inserting and removing the suc- tion pipe of the emptying unit.
1. Saab 9-3 M05- 900 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-3 M05- Engine/cabin heater Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 32 000 516 12 804 146 12 804 145 9:87-42 Jun 04 32 000 518 Important Always check which national requirements and regulations apply for fitting a fuel driven engine/ passenger compartment heater. Ensure that all requirements are complied with. From and including M05 the installation of the engine/passenger compartment heater fulfils the requirements in 2001/56/EC (Heating systems).
19. 32 000 518 19 Saab 9-3 M05- 82 Fit the heat shield to the turbo compressor (two screws and a catch). 83 Fit the turbo intake pipe and then connect to the pipe the small hose from the control valve (APC valve) and the hose from the carbon filter vent valve. 84 Fit the air filter cover and plug the connector into the air mass sensor. Attach the hose to the air fil- ter cover (if such a hose is fitted). 85 Fill with coolant and check the system for leaks. Fit the expansion tank cap. 86 Connect the negative battery cable. 87 Synchronise remote control code by inserting the key into the ignition. 88 Activate window lift pinch protection function by operating the side windows up and down twice. An audible confirmation will sound when activa- tion is complete. 89 Connect the diagnostic tool, select car and model year, select “All”, select “Add/Remove”, select the accessory and then “Add”. Important This must be carried out with all remote controls, otherwise they will not work. F920A055 84 85 82 84 83 83 83 Note The diagnostic tool will on some occasions need to retrieve a security code in TIS. Information on what to do will be displayed on the diagnostic tool display.
20. 20 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- 90 Bleed the cooling system in the following way: – Fill the cooling system to MAX and close the cap on the expansion tank. – Connect an exhaust hose, start the engine and run the engine briefly with varied engine speed. – Check that there is a flow of coolant via the vent hose to the expansion tank. – Carefully open the expansion tank cap and refill to MAX level. Close the cap. – Run the engine with varied engine speed to thermostat opening (radiator fan has started). – Switch off the engine and refill coolant if nec- essary to MAX level. 91 Start the heater by pushing the “CUSTOMIZE” button on the SIDC, select “Parking heater”, push “SET”, select “Manual control”, push “SET”, select “Heater on”, push “SET” and check that the heater starts ( it has a delay of about 1 minute). If necessary top up the cooling system (engine switched off). 92 Fit the cover over the bulkhead space, fit the bonnet seal and the wiper arms. 93 Clean an area in the centre of the fuel filler flap hinge with benzine. Remove the label from the kit, adjust the size of the label if necessary and affix the label to the cleaned area. 94 Adjust the clock/date and continue with step 95. 95 Programme the heater Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, push the “CUSTOMIZE” but- ton on the SIDC, select “Parking heater”, push “SET”, select “Manual control” and check that the heater starts or select “Timer setting”, “Timer”, select a timer; “A”, “B” or “C”, pro- gramme in a suitable time and push “SET”. Check that the heater starts at the programmed time. Select “Manual control”, press “SET”, select “Heater off”, press “SET” and check that the heater stops. Select “Back”, press “SET”, select “Finish” and press “SET”. Note The A/C or ACC should be turned OFF. Important Under no circumstances may this label conceal any part of another label or plate.
10. 10 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- 4D 20 Unplug the connector in front of the fuel tank and detach the wiring harness from its mounting. 21 Place a pillar jack under the fuel tank and undo the tank mounting straps. 22 Position a collection container under the fuel tank, separate the fuel lines using tool 83 95 261 and plug the fuel lines' tank connections so that they do not leak fuel. 23 Remove the filler pipe hose from the fuel tank. 24 Carefully lower the fuel tank until the joint in the evaporative emission canister vent hose becomes accessible. Separate the joint in the evaporative emission canister vent hose and the joint in the fuel filler vent hose. 25 Lower the fuel tank completely and lift it away to a workbench. 26 Remove the fuel line and return line snap-on couplings with fuel line tool 83 95 261 and plug the lines with plug 82 92 948. 27 Mark the fitting positions of the fuel line and the return line. 28 Remove the cover's circlip by turning it anti- clockwise. 29 Remove the cover and remove the fuel pump connector from the cover. Cover the hole in the fuel tank to prevent dirt and filings entering the tank. F920A046 20 21 21 26 28 29 26 29 22 23 22 Important Mark the cover's fitting position. Important The cover must only be removed for a short time in order to avoid the seal swelling and requiring replacement.
22. 22 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- List of components No. Name position Components 22 Main dashboard fuse box, on the short side of the instrument panel near the left-hand door 216 Control module, ACC, in the centre of the dashboard 323a Motor, fuel pump, parking heater, under the floor to the right in front of the fuel tank 342 Electrical distribution unit, engine bay, next to the battery 409a Relay, parking heater, in the centre console on the dashboard support 453 Motor, pump, coolant circulation, on the parking heater 504 Control panel, heating&ventilation, in the centre of the dashboard 597 Parking Heater, in the engine bay on the right-hand side of the bulkhead partition 597a Control module, parking heater, in the parking heater 597b Motor, blower fan, parking heater, in the parking heater 597c Glow plug, parking heater, in the parking heater 597d Flame detector, parking heater, in the parking heater 597e Temperature sensor, parking heater, in the parking heater 597f Temperature sensor, parking heater, in the parking heater 707 Body Control Module, in the main dashboard fuse box 711 Connector, accessories, in the engine bay near the left suspension strut housing 736 Control panel, infotainment, under the SID 737 Control panel, SID, on the dashboard next to the main instrument unit 27-pin connector H27-1 Near the MCC control module Crimp connections J170 Approx. 60 mm from branching point parking heater towards grounding point G30A J171 Approx. 30 mm from branching point parking heater towards grounding point G30A Grounding points G30A Front grounding point on the side panel above left-hand front wheel housing No. Name position
9. 32 000 518 9 Saab 9-3 M05- CV 7 Unplug the connector in front of the fuel tank and detach the wiring harness from its mounting. 8 Place a pillar jack under the fuel tank and undo the tank mounting straps. 9 Position a collection container under the fuel tank, separate the fuel lines using tool 83 95 261 and plug the fuel lines' tank connections so that they do not leak fuel. 10 Remove the filler pipe hose from the fuel tank. 11 Carefully lower the fuel tank until the joint in the evaporative emission canister vent hose becomes accessible. Separate the joint in the evaporative emission canister vent hose and the joint in the fuel filler vent hose. 12 Lower the fuel tank completely and lift it away to a workbench. 13 Mark the position of the hole where the heater fuel pipe is to be inserted. 14 Drill a 10.5 mm hole in the tank. 15 Push the fuel pipe into the tank until the seal locates against the tank and fasten the pipe to the other fuel lines with a cable tie on each side of the fuel line holder. 16 Remove the hose which is connected to the fuel filler pipe (the hose clip must be split with a saw) and fit the hose from the set. Tightening torque 4 Nm (3 lbf ft) 17 Place the fuel tank on a pillar jack, lift the tank slightly and connect the fuel filler vent hose. Lift the fuel tank completely and connect the remaining fuel lines. 18 Fit the fuel tank mounting straps. Tightening torque 24 Nm (18 lbf ft) 19 Plug in the connector in front of the fuel tank and fit the wiring harness into its mounting. Continue with step 42. Important Be careful to prevent drill filings from falling into the tank. F920A015 94mm 37mm 15 14 10 11 8 8 7 9
11. 32 000 518 11 Saab 9-3 M05- 4D 30 Mark the position in the cover for the hole that the pipe shall be guided into. 31 Drill a 10 mm hole in the cover. 32 Brush acid-free vaseline part no. 30 15 286 or equivalent on the O-ring and fit it to the screw which is fitted on the fuel pipe in the kit. 33 Guide the pipe into the cover and direct it to the top side of the cover so that it is parallel with the other fuel connections. Tighten the pipe's nuts. 34 Plug in the connector to the cover and fit the cover in accordance with the marked fitting posi- tions. Fit the circlip by turning it clockwise. 35 Remove the plugs and connect the fuel lines and the connector. 36 Fit the straight junction hose from the fuel con- nection kit to the pipe and fit a hose clip. 37 Fit the fuel hose in the junction hose and fit a hose clip. Fit the fuse hose in the clip on the fuel tank. 38 Remove the hose which is connected to the fuel filler pipe (the hose clip must be split with a saw) and fit the hose from the set. Tightening torque 4 Nm (3 lbf ft) 39 Place the fuel tank on a pillar jack, lift the tank slightly and connect the fuel filler vent hose. Lift the fuel tank completely and connect the remaining fuel lines. 40 Fit the fuel tank mounting straps. Tightening torque 25 Nm (18 lbf ft) 41 Plug in the connector in front of the fuel tank and fit the wiring harness into its mounting. Continue with step 42. Important Be careful to prevent drill filings from falling into the tank. F920A047 41 40 40 39 39 38 35 33 30 5mm 9mm 37 34 34 35 36
8. 8 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- 1 Disconnect the negative battery cable. 2 Remove the cap from the expansion tank. 3 Raise the car. CV: Remove the tunnel reinforcement and the rear chassis reinforcements. 4 Remove the bolts from the forward section of the exhaust system. 5 Remove the exhaust system. 6 Place a receptacle under the engine, open the drain plug on the bottom of the coolant pump and drain the coolant. CV: Continue with step 7. 4D: Continue with step 20. F920A038 4 5 3 (CV) 5 5 5 5 6 3 (CV)
12. 12 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- 42 Fit the drain plug on the under side of the cool- ant pump and lower the car to just above the floor. 43 Unplug the connector from the air mass sensor, separate the intake hose and remove the air fil- ter cover. Remove the hose from the air filter cover (if such a hose is fitted). 44 Remove from the turbo intake pipe the small hose to the control valve (APC valve) and the hose to the carbon filter vent-valve. Remove the intake pipe. 45 Remove the heat shield from the turbo compres- sor (two screws and a catch). 46 Remove both coolant hoses from the connec- tions for the heat exchanger on the bulkhead partition and remove from the thermostat hous- ing the one hose which is connected to the pipe on the top side of the thermostat housing. 47 Fit the heater mounting bracket to the bulkhead. Tightening torque 24 Nm (18 lbf ft) Using benzine, clean an area between the sus- pension strut mounting bolts on the top of the right-hand suspension turret nearest to the engine. Remove the extra label from the heater and affix it to the cleaned area. Important Retain the hose clip, it is required for re-assembly. F920A048 43 46 45 43 47 47 47 43 44 46 Important Under no circumstances may this label conceal any part of another label or plate.
15. 32 000 518 15 Saab 9-3 M05- 60 Locate the "Pre Acc" outlet between the engine bay main fuse box and the front wing and remove any adhesive tape or dummy connector. 61 Plug the wiring harness from the installation set into the connector on the heater and route it through the bulkhead space to the “Pre Acc” outlet adjacent to the engine compartment elec- trical centre. 62 Connect the ground cable to the front grounding point (G30A) in the engine bay main fuse box. 63 Connect the wiring harness to the four pole “Pre Acc” outlet. 64 Fasten the wiring harness with cable ties (x7) and position the “Pre-Acc” outlet between the wiring harness and the front wing. 65 Thread the fuel pump wiring harness down alongside the fuel lines against the back edge of the frame member. Important The wiring harness must be located in the seals by the front wings. Note If the four pole “Pre Acc” outlet is already used, connect into the existing connector as follows – Unplug “Pre Acc” – remove the seal from the connector on the heater wiring harness and detach the cables from the connector block – fit the cables into the connector which was plugged into “Pre-Acc”, red cable (RD) in posi- tion 1 and green cable (GN) in position 2 – Plug in the connector to “Pre Acc”. F920A051 62 63 63 64 64 64 64 61 64 Important Check that the drainage hose at the filter is cor- rectly fitted.
13. 32 000 518 13 Saab 9-3 M05- 48 Fit the hose clips (including the old clip) onto the new coolant hoses. Connect the hose/pipe assembly between the thermostat housing con- nection and the heat exchanger connection nearest to the expansion tank. Do not screw the assembly to the bulkhead. 49 Connect the other coolant hose to the heat exchanger connection. 50 Remove the control valve (APC valve) and remove the crankcase ventilation hose from the turbo compressor. 51 Remove the plugs from the heater inlet and out- let ports. Push aside the cable tie holding the heater connector and detach the connector from its mounting on the heater. 52 Protect the suspension turret and from above manoeuvre the heater into place on its mounting. Tightening torque 9 Nm (6.5 lbf ft) Bend the connector mounting back into its orig- inal shape. 53 Fit the connector into its mounting and reposi- tion the cable tie around the connector. 54 Connect the lower coolant hose to the heater and tighten the hose clip. 55 Connect the upper coolant hose to the heater and tighten the hose clip. 56 Attach the coolant pipe mounting to the brake pipe cover plate on the bulkhead. 57 Connect the crankcase ventilation hose to the turbo compressor and fit the control valve (APC valve) 58 Connect the inlet hose of the heater to the fixing in the hole in the longitudinal frame member. Important The heat shield on the hose should be slid towards the thermostat housing so that the hose clip fits into the cut-out in the heat shield. F920A049 53 55 56 52 49 48 50 50 57 58 Note The connector mounting can be bent slightly to facilitate assembly. Important Check that the drainage hose is free from the intake hose. If the wiring harness channel on the heater is severely bent the drainage can be affected.
17. 32 000 518 17 Saab 9-3 M05- 72 Position the fuel pump bracket up against the vehicle floor, on the right-hand side in front of the fuel tank, and drill holes using a 3.5 mm drill. 73 Deburr the holes and remove loose swarf and paint particles. Clean with Teroson Cleaner FL and apply Standox 1K primer. Apply a finishing coat. 74 Fit the fuel pump with vibration damper and pro- tective cover onto the bracket. 75 Connect the fuel lines to the fuel pump using a junction hose and two hose clips at each con- nection. The straight junction hose made with two different inner diameters must be fitted with the smaller inner diameter on the fuel pump's thin connection. A junction hose must be fitted on the fuel pump's thick connection in accord- ance with the following: CV: A straight junction hose. 4D: A junction hose bent at 90° angle and made with two different inner diameters must be fitted with the larger inner diameter on the fuel pump's thick connection. All: Secure the long fuel line in the hole in the fuel pump bracket using a cable tie. 76 Connect the wiring harness to the fuel pump. 77 Attach the harness to the bracket using a cable tie. 78 Screw the bracket with the pump assembly onto the floor of the vehicle. Important The smaller diameter connection should point towards the centre of the car and slightly forwards. The protective cover should be positioned under the pump. F920A053 76 78 75 75 74 77 72 75
18. 18 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- 79 Manoeuvre the heater exhaust pipe up towards the heater and fit the end of the pipe onto the exhaust port of the heater. Fasten the exhaust pipe to the floor of the car with the nut. Tightening torque 5 Nm (3.5 lbf ft) 80 Fit the vehicle exhaust system. Tightening torque 22 Nm (16.5 lbf ft) CV: Fit the tunnel reinforcement. Tightening torque 18 Nm (13 lbf ft) CV: Fit the rear chassis reinforcements. Tightening torque 110 Nm (81 lbf ft) 81 Lower the vehicle until it is just over the floor. F920A063 79 79 80 80 80 80 80
6. 6 32 000 518 Saab 9-3 M05- Important WARNING Work on the heater involves dismantling the vehi- cle fuel system and emptying the fuel tank. When carrying out the work the following points should therefore be observed: · Provide good ventilation! Use approved extrac- tors for removing fuel fumes if they are available. · Use protective gloves! Prolonged contact with fuel can cause skin irritation. · Keep a class BE fire extinguisher close at hand. Observe the risk of sparks, e.g. in con- nection with breaking electrical circuits, short circuiting, etc. · Smoking is absolutely forbidden. · Use protective goggles. Important The flexible bellows on the forward section of the exhaust system must not be bent more than 5° from its neutral alignment. This means that if the forward section is hanging free, the bellows must not be bent further than the amount already caused by the weight of the system. Excessive loading of the pipe can lead to residual deformations in the components which can cause noise, leakage and eventually failure.
- 1534 Totale weergaven
- 1340 Websiteweergaven
- 194 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 33 www.saabpartners.com
- 14 saabpartners.com
- 1 126.96.36.199
- 5 188.8.131.52
Spatplaat, voor2980 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Prestige 300 sound system 9-3 CV2883 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 12764 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon2749 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Premium 150 sound system 9-3 CV 12669 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-52627 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-52601 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-52474 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-2465 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L2446 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-52434 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D2403 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-32373 Weergaven.
Aanvullingskit standverwarming2324 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 12314 Weergaven.