Engine/cabin heater 9-5 B205, B235, B308
8. 8 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Additional kit 32 000 515 contains: Cable terminal E980A494
39. 47 29 653 39 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Electrical circuit diagram (-M01) 3 1 4 COMPACT BK 0.5 RD/WH 1.0 BN 0.5 33 RD 2.5 0.5 BU MCC 19 SID BK 1.0 VT 1.0 YE 0.5 ACC RD/GY 1.0 1.0 RD/BU 2 SAAB HEATER 85 87 30 86 A A4 A1 A2 A5 15 A 1 + BATTERY G2 M 1 2 7 COMHTRY 990917
40. 40 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Electrical circuit diagram (M02-) SID BK 2.5 VT 1.0 BN 0.5 RD/GY 1.5 G30 ACC 3 RD/WH 1.0 1 2 BK 1.0 +30 5 RD/WH 1.0 3 1 7 4 2 YE 0.5 (1) 84 (3) 80 (5) 81 (2) 82 SID 18 SID 19 BU 0.5 E64729653 051007 M SAAB COMPACT HEATER 85 87 30 86 409a 342a 323a (342b:FR5) (M06-) (M02-03) (M04-05) 20
2. 2 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Heater kit 400 106 621 contains: 1 Petrol heater 2 Circulation pump 3 Non-return valve 4Fuel Pump 5 Label Vid tankning måste värmaren vara frånkopplad Switch off the heater when adding fuel E980A222 12 3 4 5
3. 47 29 653 3 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Mounting kit 400 106 639 contains: 1Bracket 2 Holder 3 Coolant hoses (x3) 4 Silencer 5 Exhaust pipe 90° 6 Clip (exhaust hose) (x2) 7 Exhaust hose 8 Intake hose 9 Holder, coolant pump 10 Splash guard 11 Clips (x4) 12 Screw (x3) 13 Hose clip (x8) 14 Cable tie (x2) 15 Screw, M6 16 Screw (x9) 17 Screw M8 (x4) 18 Nut M6 19 Clamp (x3) (exhaust pipe) 20 Clamp (intake) 21 Blind rivet (x2) 22 Screw M6 (x2) 3 3 4 5 7 8 20 11 16 22 15 12 17 18 13 9 6 19 2 14 21 10 1 E980A125
4. 4 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Mounting kit 400 130 217 contains: 1Bracket 2 Holder 3 Coolant hoses (x3) 4 Silencer 5 Exhaust pipe 90° 6 Clip (exhaust hose) (x2) 7 Exhaust hose 8 Intake hose 9 Holder, coolant pump 10 Splash guard 11 Clips (x4) 12 Screw (x3) 13 Hose clip (x8) 14 Cable tie (x2) 15 Screw, M6 16 Screw (x9) 17 Screw M8 (x4) 18 Nut M6 19 Clamp (exhaust pipe) 20 Clamp (intake) 21 Blind rivet (x2) 22 Screw M6 (x2) 23 Clamp (x2) (exhaust pipe) 4 7 8 20 11 16 22 15 12 17 18 13 9 6 19 3 3 5 23 2 14 21 10 1 E980A340
6. 6 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Electric connection kit 400 106 654 contains: 1 Wiring harness 2 Connector 2-pin 3 Cable tie (x11) 4 Screw (x2) 5Bracket 6 Grommet (x2) E980A127 1 2 4 6 5 3
7. 47 29 653 7 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Electric connection kit 400 130 225 contains: 1 Wiring harness 2 Connector 2-pin 3 Cable tie (x11) 4 Relay 5 Fuse 15A 6 Grommet (x2) E980A342 1 2 5 6 4 3
15. 47 29 653 15 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 25 Hold the bracket in front of the press fold on the chassis plate, see illustration, so that the protru- sion (X) on the bracket fits into the depression in the chassis plate. Mark the position of the two holes on the underside. 26 Drill two 3 mm holes on the underside of the chassis frame and screw the bracket into posi- tion. 27 Drill four 3 mm holes from the side. Remove the bracket. 28 Deburr the holes and remove loose drillings and flakes of paint. Clean with Teroson FL Cleaner. Apply Standox 1K Primer Filler. Apply finish paint. 29 Install the bracket. 30 Position the heater in the holder so that the retaining lugs engage properly. 31 Fit the two screws that secure the heater in the holder. 32 Connect the circulation pump to the heater inlet with the hose and hose clips, see illustration. The pump is mounted on the bracket at a later stage in the assembly procedure. 33 Connect the two pin connector from the heater to the circulation pump. 34 Thread the pressure hose (respectively 46 72 317 (-M01), 53 23 118 (M02-)) in through the engine bay. It should be manoeuvred, with the slightly wider end first, down between the radiator and the structural member and in front of the sub- frame's forward mounting point. 35 Attach the slightly wider end of the pressure hose to the heater outlet, see illustration. E980A541 26 32 27,29 35 27,29 31 25 32 33 X
23. 47 29 653 23 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 87 Remove the windscreen wiper arms. Use puller 85 80 144. 88 Remove the bonnet weatherstrip and cover panel over the bulkhead partition space. E980A549 87 88 88 87 87
5. 47 29 653 5 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Fuel connection kit 400 126 363 contains: 1 Fuel line (x2) 2 Junction hose, angled (x2) 3 Clamp (x2) 4 Junction hose, angled 5 Fuel connection kit (tank) 6 Bracket, fuel pump 7 Clamp 8 Rubber spacer 9 Cable tie (x10) 10 Cable tie 11 Screw (x2) 12 Hose clip (x4) 13 Clamp (x3) 14 Nut (x3) 9 10 E980A341 6 11 8 7 12 13 14 2 4 5 3 1
25. 47 29 653 25 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 97 Route the fuel pump cables (violet and black) from the bulkhead to the left-hand A-post. From there along the plastic channels in the left-hand sill, under the mat and across to the hole under the back seat. 98 Drill a 15 mm hole for the grommet in the cover over the fuel tank, see illustration. 99 Fit the grommet over the wiring harness and insert the wiring through the hole in the cover. Press the grommet into place. 100Carefully drill a 6.2 mm hole in the connection in the lid of the car's fuel pump, making sure the drill does not go in at an angle. Remove cuttings. 101Open the bag with the fuel connection kit and discard the installation instructions found in the bag. Couple the larger end of the connection hose onto the tank connection with a clip and fit the other clip onto the connecting hose. Press down the line with the tapered end far enough for the bend to touch the connecting hose and fit the hose clips. 102Manoeuvre a welding rod (about 1.5 m) into position alongside the fuel lines down towards the fuel filter and then on to the front of the top of the fuel tank. 103Tape the end of the remaining fuel pipe together with the fuel pump cables so that dirt does not come into the pipe and then tape the pipe and cables to the welding rod. Pull the pipe and cables down to the heater fuel pump. Important The drill must not be angled when drilling as this may damage the tank connection. E980A551 98 100 97 101 99
27. 47 29 653 27 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 108Tighten the cable tie along the brake pipes, but do not tighten so hard that the fuel line is dam- aged. Lower the car and tighten the cable ties along the bulkhead partition as well. 109Push the fuel line down to the heater and fit the angled connecting hose to the fuel line by means of a hose clip, see illustration, with the narrow part facing the heater. Cars with electric vacuum pump: The fuel lines must run between the pump and the bracket and be fastened to the bracket, see illustration, so that the fuel line cannot come in contact with warm or sharp objects. 110 Connect the hose to the heater's fuel connecting pipe by means of a hose clip. 111 Adjust the line so that it does not come into con- tact with hot or sharp components. 112 Adjust the fuel pipe in the engine bay and fasten it with a rubber covered clip to the earthing point by the battery. E980A553 109 110 112
1. Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 9-5 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Engine/cabin heater Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 400 106 639 400 130 217 9:87-7 Nov 05 47 29 653 47 29 653 Sep 04 Important Always check which national requirements and regulations apply for fitting a fuel driven engine/ passenger compartment heater. Ensure that all requirements are complied with. From and including M04 the installation of the engine/passenger compartment heater fulfils the requirements in 2001/56/EC (Heating systems).
14. 14 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 23 Remove the left-hand front wheel and the left- hand wing liner. 24 Undo the connections to the pump and the level sensor. Empty the washer fluid reservoir. If the reservoir is fixed with blind rivets they must be drilled out. Punch out the core pin of each rivet and drill out, using first a 4 mm bit and then a 5 mm bit. Remove the washer fluid reservoir. Important This method must be employed to prevent dam- aging the surrounding components. 23 23 23 23 E980A540 24 24 24 24 24 23
28. 28 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 113 Fit the angled exhaust pipe onto the heater's exhaust connector with a clamp. Assemble the silencer (push the ends properly together) together with a clamp. Point the silencer back- wards and angled towards the chassis frame, as illustrated, and tighten the clamps. Tightening torque 5 Nm (3.7 lbf ft) 114 Fit the exhaust hose on the silencer and secure it with a clip. 115 Fit the holder onto the exhaust hose and bend the hose over the subframe, see illustration, so that it cannot make contact with the front wheel, wing liner, gearbox or subframe. Make sure there is at least 40 mm clearance between the exhaust hose and the ground lead, adjusting the ground lead connection to the gearbox by rotat- ing the cable terminal if necessary. 116 Centre punch and drill two 4 mm holes in the subframe, see illustration. Fix both exhaust hose holders to the subframe, see illustration, and bend the ends of the hose downwards and outwards towards the wheel hub. Make sure the exhaust hose will not rattle or make a noise and that there is at least 10 mm clearance between the hose and the gearbox. 117 Drill a 3 mm drain hole in the exhaust hose at its lowest point adjacent to the silencer. 118 Bend the intake hose 100° at one end and con- nect it to the heater intake connector with a clamp. 119 Route the intake hose behind the left-hand headlamp into the engine bay. Bend the upper end downwards through 180° and manoeuvre it through the triangular hole in the radiator beam reinforcement so as to prevent water entering the heater. The mouth of the hose should point towards the left-hand headlamp so as to supply the coolest possible air to the burner. Fasten the hose. 120Drill a 3 mm drain hole in the intake hose at its lowest point adjacent to the heater connection. Important Check that the ground cable is mounted as shown in the illustration. If it is not, it must be reposi- tioned. Tightening torque 25 Nm (18 lbf ft) E980A554 113 119 118 113 114 117 116 116 115 120
21. 47 29 653 21 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 74 Raise the car, remove the fuel filter cover and position the fuel pump bracket in front of the fuel filter. Drill two 3 mm holes in the floor using the bracket as a template. 75 Deburr the holes and remove loose drillings, swarf and flakes of paint. Clean with Teroson FL Cleaner. Apply Standox 1K Primer Filler. Apply finishing paint. Apply Terotex HV 400 or Merca- sol 1 cavity sealant on internal surfaces. 76 Mount the rubber spacer onto the bracket and screw the bracket into position. 77 Fit the holder on the fuel pump and mount it on the bracket with the delivery side (the smaller connection) facing the left-hand side of the car, see illustration. The bracket must be mounted so that the pump's delivery connection (the smaller one) points upwards. 78 Using 8 cable ties (do not tighten excessively), fasten the fuel line under the car, parallel with the existing fuel pipes, see illustration. 79 Connect the angled line with junction hose and two clips to the delivery side of the fuel pump. 80 Lower the fuel tank by slackening the four screws about 15 turns. This will lower the tank by about 15 mm. Important The bracket is angled. When correctly positioned the corner of the bend shall align with the edge of the hole as illustrated. Furthermore the bulge shall point to the right-hand side of the car. WARNING Be careful not to damage the existing fuel lines in the car. E980A547 77 79 76 80 78 74 Important If necessary, adjust the pump's position so that the connector is clear of surrounding components. Check also that there are no kinks in the fuel hoses.
26. 26 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 104Connect the fuel line with junction hose and 2 clips to the suction side of the fuel pump. 105Fit the connector to the fuel pump harness (the polarity is not important) and connect it to the pump. 106Raise the fuel tank and tighten the screws. Tightening torque 25 Nm (18 lbf ft) 107Fasten the fuel line and harness in abutment to the heater's fuel pump. Fit the fuel filter cover as fitted previously (use the heavy duty cable tie from the kit). Important Form the end of the fuel pipe leading to the pump inlet (suction side) with the fingers/hands, so that when the 90 degree junction hose is fitted it is deflected as little as possible from its original shape. If the angle is too small, it is highly probable that the supply of fuel will be cut off, the hose will be damaged and malfunctioning of the heater will result. Important Check that the pipes and cables are not caught up. E980A552 105 104 106
34. 34 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 161Bleed the cooling system: 4-CYL: Start the engine and let it run until the thermostat opens. V6: Fill up the system to the MAX level. Screw the cap on the expansion tank, start the engine and warm it up at varying rpm until the radiator fan starts. Carefully open the expansion tank cap and top up to the MAX level. Screw down the expansion tank cap and run the engine at varying rpm until the radiator fan has started three more times. 162Switch off the engine and allow it to cool down. Check the coolant level and top up as necessary to the MAX level. 163Programme the SID unit as follows: – connect the diagnostic tool and contact SID – select PROGRAMMING – select Parking Heater Activation and Activa- tion By Timer – select Parking Heater Type and Fuel Pow- ered 164First start the heater and then the engine. Keep them both running until there is no more air in the system. 165Fit the cover over the bulkhead space and the bonnet sealing strip. 166Fit the windscreen wiper arms. Note The A/C or ACC should be turned OFF. E980A560 166 165 166 165
11. 47 29 653 11 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 8 -M01: Remove the grille, headlamp surrounds, indicator lights and the headlamps. Undo the left-hand headlamp wiper motor. M02-05: Remove both the outer grille seg- ments, indicator lights, headlamps and the headlamp washer covers. 9 Using white spirit, clean an area on the left-hand front wing, level with the cooling system's expansion tank. Peel off the extra label from the heater and affix it to the cleaned area. Important If a spacer washer is fitted between the headlamp and the body frame it must be retained for refitting when the headlamp is refitted. Important Under no circumstances may this label conceal any part of another label or plate. MY02- -MY01 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 9 E980A344 9
31. 47 29 653 31 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 136 M06-: Remove the screws for the steering col- umn gaiter. 137 M06-: Remove the screws for the main instru- ment unit. 138 M06-: Lift the main instrument unit away. 139 M06-: Unplug the connectors. E980A557 139 139 137 136 136 137 137 138
37. 47 29 653 37 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 185Where applicable refit the engine block-heater plug to the bumper. 186 -M05: Fit the front spoiler shield. 187 -M01: Fit the left-hand headlamp wiper motor, headlamps, any spacer washer, indicator lights, the grille and the headlamp surrounds. Ensure that the plastic guides are correctly located in the main headlamps and check that each head- lamp drain tube is hanging straight down and is free of kinks. M02-05: Fit the headlamps, indicator lights, the outer grille sections and the headlamp washer covers. 188Check that the headlamp washers are function- ing correctly. 189 M02-: Mark out the splash guard as illustrated and drill a 10 mm hole. 190Fit a clip nut on the heater bracket's mounting and three clip nuts on the splash guard (marked positions). 191Fit the splash guard with a screw to the bracket (A= -M01. B=M02-05, C=M06-). Adjust the posi- tioning against the bumper shell or alternatively the bottom spoiler flange. Mark the position of the holes, remove the splash guard and drill with a 4 mm bit. 192Screw the splash guard in place using four screws. E980A563 187 187 187 13mm 29mm 190,191 190,191 190, 191 AB -M05 M06- C 190, 191 190, 191 85mm 68mm M02-M05 (B) M06- (C) 190,191 WARNING Check that the splash guard is not touching the heater silencer. Adjust if necessary.
10. 10 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 1 Check the radio code and make a note of it if the car is equipped with a radio other than Saab Audio System. 2 LHD: Remove the sound baffle under the left- hand side of the dashboard including the data link connector and floor lighting where appropri- ate. RHD: Remove the glove box. 3 Remove the left-hand sill protection strip, hinge forward the back seat cushions, free the con- nector housing of the left-hand back-seat cush- ion heater (if fitted) and lift out the left-hand sec- tion of the back seat. Fold back the mat and remove the tank access cover. 4 Remove the battery cover, battery cables and the battery. M02-: Remove the battery tray. 5 Undo and push aside the expansion tank. 6 M02-: Open the lid of the electrical centre and lift up the relay mounting plate by pushing in the four retaining catches 7 M02-: Detach and lift up the engine bay electri- cal centre. Remove the cable tie from the elec- trical centre's mounting bracket and lift away the electrical centre. 3 E980A343 4 5 4 6 7 7 7 3 2
20. 20 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 71 Route the long petrol hose inside the engine bay as follows: LHD -M01: From the battery tray - beside the expansion tank (the bend in the hose shall be located in front of the suspension strut turret) - under the brake servo - over the brake pipe to the ABS unit - over the hoses to the cabin heat exchanger and then alongside the rear brake pipes. At the boundary between the bulkhead and the floor pan the fuel hose is routed towards the ordinary fuel pipes. LHD M02-: From the battery tray - beside the expansion tank (the bend in the hose shall be located in front of the suspension strut turret) - between the brake servo and the bulkhead - over the brake pipe - over the hoses to the cabin heat exchanger and then alongside the rear brake pipes. At the boundary between the bulk- head and the floor pan the fuel hose is routed towards the ordinary fuel pipes. RHD -M01: From the battery tray - beside the expansion tank (the bend in the hose shall be located in front of the suspension strut turret) - over the brake pipe to the ABS unit - over the hoses to the cabin heat exchanger - between the rear engine mount and the steering-box valve-block and behind the power-steering pipe and the anti-roll bar. At the boundary between the bulkhead and the floor pan the fuel hose is routed towards the ordinary fuel pipes. RHD M02-: From the battery tray - beside the expansion tank (the bend in the hose shall be located in front of the suspension strut turret) - over the brake pipe - over the hoses to the cabin heat exchanger - between the rear engine mount and the steering-box valve-block and behind the power steering pipe and the anti-roll bar. At the boundary between the bulkhead and the floor pan the fuel hose is routed towards the ordinary fuel pipes. 72 Fasten the hose to the suspension strut turret with two of the rubber covered clips. 73 Fasten the hose to the wiring harness on the bulkhead partition using cable ties. WARNING Take care to prevent the fuel hose from kinking and sustaining damage. Important Do not tighten the cable ties just yet in order to facilitate adjustment of the fuel hose. E980A546 72 73 73 72
13. 47 29 653 13 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 16 M06-: Remove the bumper shell screws to the wing liner on both sides. 17 M06-: Detach the shell from the side bracket on the left-hand side. Detach the hook using a screwdriver. 18 M06-, cars with headlamp washers: Position a collection container under the car. Remove the hose's quick-release coupling for the headlamp washers. Plug the hole for the washer fluid res- ervoir connection. 19 M06-: Detach the shell from the side bracket on the right-hand side. Detach the hook using a screwdriver. 20 M06-: Separate the connector for the front bumper harness. 21 M06-: Remove the bumper shell's upper clips. Remove the screws. 22 M06-: With help from an assistant, lift off the bumper shell. E980A539 22 21 21 18 16 17 19 20 16
19. 47 29 653 19 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 64 V6: Position the throttle housing and screw it down with the 3 mounting screws. If necessary use a new gasket and smear the surfaces with a thin film of vaseline. 65 V6: Connect the 2 coolant hoses to the throttle housing. 66 V6: Fit the vacuum hose and the connection to the venting line under the limp-home solenoid. 67 V6: Connect the 10 pin connector to the throttle housing. 68 V6: Connect the limp-home solenoid's connec- tor. Remove the tongs from the coolant hoses. 69 V6: Attach the throttle cable. 70 V6: Connect the turbo pressure pipe to the throt- tle housing. E980A545 65 66 66 69 65 68 67 70 64
35. 47 29 653 35 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 167 -M05: Check that none of the metal tabs is dam- aged or bent down. 168Fit the wing liner and check that the heater exhaust hose is not touching the liner. 169Fit the bumper to the bumper beam. -M01: Ensure that the wiper blade stop and the wiper motor shaft are correctly positioned. 170 -M01: Position the steel bumper reinforcement so that it is located between the wing and the wing liner. 171 -M05: Fit the 6 screws (3 on each side) where the bumper is attached to the wing liners. 172 -M01: Install the 4 screws which hold the bumper to the bumper beam and the nuts which hold the bumper to the front wings. M02-05: Install the 6 screws which hold the bumper to the bumper beam and the 5 clips which are located over the grille. 167 172 167 172 172 171 171 171 168 168 168 168 E980A561 -MY01 -MY01 MY02-05 172 172 172 172
22. 22 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 81 Lower the car and connect the black cable with the ring cable-shoe to the earth point G2 in front of the battery tray (-M01) or respectively earth point G30 (not the earth point where the battery minus cable is connected) to the left of the bat- tery tray (M02-). 82 Manoeuvre the 8 pin plug down between the body frame and the left-hand front wing and connect to the heater. Fasten as necessary so that the cable does not lie close to hot or sharp components. 83 -M01: Position the bracket for the heater's elec- trical centre on the radiator beam central with the bonnet catch, the electrical centre must not rest against the radiator hose, and drill two 5.5 mm holes using the bracket as a template. 84 -M01: Deburr the holes and remove loose swarf and flakes of paint. Clean with Teroson FL Cleaner. Apply Standox 1K Primer Filler. Apply finish paint. 85 -M01: Hold the bracket under the radiator beam, screw in place and mount the electrical centre. V6-M01: The section of hose between the charging air cooler and the throttle housing, where two sensors are mounted, can, if neces- sary, be twisted when mounting the electrical centre. 86 -M01: Connect the wiring harness's red cable with ring cable shoe to the terminal block on the main fuse holder. Important The 8-pin heater connector is sealed with adhe- sive tape. The tape must be removed before con- necting it but the pins in the connector must not be touched under any circumstances. Important Be careful not to damage the bonnet catch cable or the vent pipe from the radiator to the expansion tank. E980A548 82 86 81 83,85 86
24. 24 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 89 M02-: Route the section of cable harness with the most cables alongside the car's ordinary harness towards the engine bay's electrical cen- tre. 90 Route the section of harness that shall go to the cabin between the coolant reservoir and the body. Continue along the bonnet catch cable in to the bulkhead space. 91 M02-: Remove the tape and cable tie from the electrical centre gaiter and thread the harness through the gaiter into the electrical centre. 92 M02-: Fasten the wiring harness from the kit to the car's wiring harness with the edge of the tape located by the cable tie securing the elec- trical centre wiring harness to the relay plate, and position a cable tie at the white marking. 93 M02-: Connect the harness cable shoe which has red/grey and red/white cable to fuse FF5. 94 M02-: Connect the cables to relay position FR5 as follows (the marking on the top in brackets): Red/white cable to position 84 (1) Two red/white cables to position 80(3) Blue cable to position 82 (2) Brown cable to position 81(5) 95 Fit a grommet on the wiring harness. 96 LHD: Remove the plug to the left of the bonnet- catch cable grommet, make a hole in the insula- tion and push the harness through into the cabin. The harness should be pushed through until the marking is level with the grommet hole. Push the grommet into place and seal with Ter- oson T242 ( part No. 30 15 781) or equivalent sealer. RHD: Remove the section of insulation matting where the rubber plug is situated ( this can be felt as a small bulge). Remove the rubber plug, make a hole in the insulation and push the har- ness through into the cabin. The harness should be pushed through until the marking is level with the grommet hole. Push the grommet into place and seal with Teroson T242 ( part No. 30 15 781) or equivalent sealer. E980A550 89 91 89 92 96 90 93 94
38. 38 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 193Clean all dirt and rust from the contact surfaces of the wheel and brake disc. 194Apply white high-pressure grease (part no. 30 06 442) to the hub. 195 Aluminium wheels: Oil the screw threads and the conical surface of the screws. 196Position the wheel, fit the screws and tighten these in sequence by hand to centre the wheel. 197Tighten the screws in sequence twice. Tightening torque 110 Nm (81 lbf ft) 198Lower the car. 199Where applicable programme the radio code and the clock, including the date. ACC: Calibrate the ACC system also. 200Fill up with washer fluid. 201Clean an area in the centre of the inside of the fuel filler hatch with white spirit. Take out the warning label from the kit, adapt the size of the label and affix it to the cleaned area. 202Place the installation instructions in the car and inform the customer about the safety instruc- tions. Draw attention also to the user section in the instruction manual. ACC: Inform the customer that the ACC system can be programmed to operate differently when the heater is activated compared with the origi- nal program. Refer the customer to the ACC section in the user's manual but point out that increasing the fan speed will increase the load on the battery. Important Make sure that no grease gets onto the contact surfaces of the wheel and brake disc. Important The wheel should be freely suspended during tightening. E980A564 194 193 196 Important Under no circumstances may this label conceal any part of another label.
12. 12 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 10 Raise the car. Remove the front spoiler shield. 11 Where fitted, remove the engine-block heater plug from the bumper. 12 -M01: Remove the 4 screws which fix the bumper to the bumper beam and the nuts which hold the bumper to the front wing. M02-05: Remove the 6 screws which fix the bumper to the bumper beam and the 5 clips above the grille. 13 -M05: Remove the 6 screws (3 on each side) where the bumper is attached to the wing liners. 14 M98: Where fog lights or a temperature sensor have been fitted disconnect their respective cables. M99-01: Disconnect the bumper wiring harness connector. The connector is located under the left-hand headlamp. M02-: Disconnect the bumper wiring harness connector. The connector is located under the right-hand headlamp. 15 -M05: First loosen the bumper from the front wings, on both sides, and then pull the bumper forwards. WARNING Locate the right-hand lifting point as far out as pos- sible in order to allow room for mounting the fuel pump. E980A345 MY02- -MY01 10 12 12 12 12 12 12 13 13
17. 47 29 653 17 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 47 V6: Remove the engine cover. 48 V6: Undo and set aside the turbo pressure pipe from the throttle housing. 49 V6: Clamp the 2 coolant hoses leading to the throttle housing. 50 V6: Detach the throttle cable from the throttle arm. 51 V6: Unplug the limp-home solenoid connector. 52 V6: Unplug the throttle housing's 10 pin connec- tor. 53 V6: Detach the vacuum hose and the connec- tion to the venting line under the limp-home solenoid. 54 V6: Undo the 3 throttle housing mounting screws and remove the throttle housing. E980A543 49 54 53 53 50 54 49 51 54 54 54 52 48 47
9. 47 29 653 9 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 Safety regulations · Assembly of the heater should be performed by qualified staff and in accordance with the instal- lation instructions. · The heater should never be used in an enclosed space, like the garage or workshop, without the exhaust ventilation being used. · Always turn off the heater in service stations and similar premises. WARNING Read through the entire installation instructions before beginning work. Work when installing the heater involves interfer- ence with the fuel system. Please observe the fol- lowing points in connection with assembly: · Provide good ventilation. If approved fuel fume extractors are available, then they should be used. · Use protective gloves! Prolonged contact with fuel can cause skin irritation. · Keep a class BE fire extinguisher near at hand. Be mindful of the danger of sparks occurring when making and breaking electric circuits, in the event of a short circuit, etc. · Smoking is prohibited. Important All ends must meet completely when joining fuel lines in this kit. Important When the heater is being used as a parking heater, it will consume some of the battery's capacity. This is especially evident in cold weather when the battery is already under hard strain. It is therefore recommended that with ambient temper- atures down to -20°, to drive the car for at least the same length of time as the heater has been run- ning. At lower temperatures we recommend not using the heater for longer than 30 minutes. The battery should also be checked at regular intervals and recharged as necessary. The heater should be activated at least once a month, even during the summer. This will prevent fuel left in the lines from evaporating and leaving deposits that can cause operational problems.
29. 47 29 653 29 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 121 -M05: Pull out the radio, the SID-unit and the air conditioning control panel from the dashboard. Unplug the connectors from the air conditioning control panel and the SID. 122 -M05: Route the blue (BU) and the yellow (YE) cable to the centre console and fasten them so as to avoid risk of pinching. 123 -M05: Carefully slide apart the upper and lower sections of the connectors. 124 -M03: Connect the blue (BU) cable to position 19 in the SID unit's connector and the yellow (YE) cable to position 3 in the connector for the air conditioning control panel. Plug in the con- nector. M04-05: Remove the cable terminal from the blue (BU) cable and fit the cable terminal from the kit. Connect the blue (BU) cable to position 18 in the SID unit connector and the yellow (YE) cable to position 3 in the connector for the air conditioning control panel. Plug in the connec- tor. 125 -M05: Plug in the connectors and install the radio, the SID unit and the air conditioning con- trol panel. 126 -M05: Fasten the cables in place under the dashboard so that they run clear of moving parts and cannot give rise to rattling or other unwanted noise. 21 3 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 22 21 23 39 38 37 36 35 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 12345678910111213 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 21 3 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 22 21 23 39 38 37 36 35 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 E980A555 BU SID 124 MCC/ACC 19 121 3 121 3 -M03 M04-05 SID MCC/ACC 18 YE BU YE 124
30. 30 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 127 M06-: Pull the steering wheel out, and down, and then lock it. 128 M06-: Remove the upper and lower steering col- umn covers, three screws. 129 M06-: Detach the switches for the indicators and windscreen wipers. 130 M06-: Remove the covers and audio unit, four screws. 131 M06-: Remove the heating and ventilation panel and unplug the connector. 132 M06-: Remove the cover over the fuse holder on the side of the panel. Detach the light switch and other switches and unplug their connectors too. 133 M06-: Detach the switch for the hazard warning lights and unplug the connector. 134 M06-: Remove the instrument plate, secured with six screws and four clips. 135 M06-: Lift the instrument plate away. E980A556 131 132 129 130 130 134 129 134 129 135 134 133 134
33. 47 29 653 33 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 154 LHD: Fit the sound baffle under the instrument panel and the sill protection strip. RHD: Fit the glove box and the sill protection strip. All: Fit the fuel tank access cover, fold back the mat, fit the back seat cushions and hinge them back. 155Fasten the heater coolant hoses with cable ties. Adjust them so that they are not squeezed or subject to damage. 156Install the engine bay electrical centre, the relay plate and the cover. Fit the cable tie to the elec- trical centre mounting bracket. 157 M02-: Fit the battery tray. All: Fit and connect the battery. 158 V6: Refit the engine cover. 159Fit the washer reservoir in the same manner as fitted previously, connect the washer pump and the level sensor. 160Position the circulation pump holder and fasten it to the upper bracket hole with a nut and screw. -M01: Fasten the heater's 8-pin connector behind the heater, towards the front wheel. M02-: Fasten the heater's 8-pin connector to the underside of the pump. Important Don't forget to plug in the heating pad, if fitted. E980A559 159 154 160 160
16. 16 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 36 Hang up the holder, with the heater, on the hook on the front edge of the bracket and screw into position. 37 Tighten the 2 screws which retain the heater in the holder. 38 Loosen the cap on the expansion tank to release any pressure in it and then tighten it down again. 39 4-CYL: Mark the ends of the suction hose (respectively 45 77 995 (-M01), 53 23 100 (M02-)) with tape or paint. Then manoeuvre it, with the slightly wider end first, from the engine bay towards the heater and fit it on to the circulation pump's inlet, see illustration. 40 4-CYL: Clamp the coolant hose which leads from the engine to the cabin heat exchanger, use tongs 30 07 739 (2), cut and shorten the hose as shown in the illustration. A 140 mm (-M01) 220 mm (M02-) B 90 mm (-M01) 70 mm (M02-) 41 4-CYL: Fit the non-return valve, with 2 hose clips, into the cut hose. The connections to the heater should be point- ing upwards. 42 4-CYL: Connect the unmarked hose (pressure hose) from the heater to the non-return valve. 43 4-CYL: Place a funnel in the marked hose (suc- tion hose), hold up the hoses and fill the heating system with coolant. Fill also the whole hose. 44 4-CYL: Remove the funnel, pinch off the hose and fit it to the non-return valve with a hose clip. 45 4-CYL: Remove the tongs, top up with coolant and check for leaks with a pressure tester. 46 4-CYL: Check that the hoses are not kinked or twisted. They must not be touching hot or sharp components. If necessary, fasten the hoses with the cable ties supplied. WARNING Take care if the engine is hot as the coolant will also be very hot. There is also a danger of getting burnt on the exhaust manifold. E980A542 4-CYL 39 36 36 36 40 41 42 A B 44 37 Important The direction of flow in the non-return valve should be towards the heater unit, as shown in the illus- tration.
18. 18 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 55 V6: Cut the pressure hose (46 72 317) which is fixed at the other end to the heater outlet. Cut as shown in the illustration. 56 V6: Mark the suction hose (45 77 995) with tape or paint. Cut the end of the hose as illustrated. Then manoeuvre the slightly wider, uncut end, from the engine bay towards the heater and connect to the inlet of the circulation pump. 57 V6: Measure and mark out the section to be removed from the hose between the engine and the cabin heat exchanger, see illustration. Clamp the coolant hose with two tongs (30 07 739) and cut the hose. 58 V6: Fit the non-return valve into the cut hose with 2 hose clips. The heater connections must be aligned as in the illustration. 59 V6: Connect the unmarked hose (pressure hose) from the heater to the non-return valve, see illustration. 60 V6: Place a funnel in the marked hose (suction hose), hold up the hoses and fill the heating sys- tem with coolant. Fill also the whole hose. 61 V6: Remove the funnel. Pinch off the hose and attach it to the non-return valve with a hose clip, see illustration. 62 V6: Remove the tongs, top up with coolant and check the system for leaks with a pressure tester. 63 V6: Check that the hoses are not kinked or twisted. They must not be touching hot or sharp components. If necessary, fasten the hoses with the cable ties supplied. Important The direction of flow in the non-return valve should be towards the heater unit, as shown in the illus- tration. 56 62 58 58 55 59 45mm 40mm 56 4577995 50mm 50mm 4672317 60 57 E980A544
36. 36 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 173 M06-: With help from an assistant, lift the bumper shell on. 174 M06-: Fit the bumper shell's upper clips. Fit the screws. 175 M06-: Plug in the connector for the front bumper harness on the right-hand side. 176 M06-: Press the shell back and press it into the bracket on the right-hand side. 177 M06-: Fit the wing liner's screws on the right- hand side. 178 M06-, cars with headlamp washers: Remove the plug and connect hose's quick-release cou- pling to the washer fluid reservoir. 179 M06-: Press the shell back and press it into the bracket on the left-hand side. 180 M06-: Fit the wing liner's screws on the left-hand side. 181 M06-: Raise the car. 182 M06-: Fit the front spoiler shield. 183 M06-: Lower the car. 184 M98: If a temperature sensor or fog lights are fit- ted they should be connected. M99-: Connect the bumper wiring harness and fit the battery cover. E980A562 176 179 177 175 182 182 182 182 182 178 174 174 177
32. 32 47 29 653 Saab 9-5 B205, B235, B308 140 M06-: Route the blue (BU) and the yellow (YE) cable to the centre console and fasten them so as to avoid risk of pinching. 141 M06-: Carefully slide apart the upper and lower sections of the connectors. 142 M06-: Remove approx. 25 cm of the tape and uncouple both cables. Remove the cable termi- nal from the blue (BU) cable and fit the cable ter- minal from the kit. Connect the blue (BU) cable to position 20 in the SID unit connector. Remove the cable terminal from the yellow cable and fit a new cable terminal. Connect the yellow (YE) cable to position 3 in the connector for the air conditioning control panel. Press the upper and lower sections of the connectors together. 143 M06-: Fit the main instrument unit. 144 M06-: Lift the instrument plate into place. 145 M06-: Check from the driver's side that the air ducts are positioned correctly. 146 M06-: Fit the instrument plate, secured with six screws and four clips. 147 M06-: Connect and fit the light switch and other switches. Refit the cover over the fuse holder on the side of the panel. 148 M06-: Fit the switch for the hazard warning lights and plug the connector in from behind. 149 M06-: Connect and fit the heating and ventila- tion panel. 150 M06-: Fit the audio unit and the covers. 151 M06-: Refit the switches for the indicators and windscreen wipers. 152 M06-: Fit the upper and lower steering column covers. 153 M06-: Fasten the cables in place under the dashboard so that they run clear of moving parts and cannot give rise to rattling or other unwanted noise. Note Check that no connectors or cables are trapped. 16 15 12345678910 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 17 18 19 20 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 21 E980A558 3 M06- SID ACC 20 BU YE 142 141 140 140 140 Note There is a marking that indicates which side of the hazard warning switch should be upwards.
- 1164 Totale weergaven
- 982 Websiteweergaven
- 182 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 39 www.saabpartners.com
- 3 184.108.40.206
- 6 saabpartners.com
- 5 220.127.116.11
Spatplaat, voor2564 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon2309 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 12277 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-52242 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Prestige 300 sound system 9-3 CV2191 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Premium 150 sound system 9-3 CV 12164 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L2160 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-52143 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-52087 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-2079 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-32073 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-52063 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D2043 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 12028 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 61996 Weergaven.