Parking heater 9-5 B205 , B235
8. 8 53 29 271 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 25 Check the ground connection between the ground pin on the connector plug, the heater casing and the car body. 26 Fit the heat shield, lubricate the bypass pipe O- ring with acid-free petroleum jelly and fit the tur- bocharger delivery pipe, including the bypass pipe. Connect the vacuum hose to the bypass pipe and the hoses and connector to the turbo- charger delivery pipe. Fit the engine cover. 27 Fill up with coolant an d check the system for leaks. 28 Bleed the cooling system in the following way: Fill the coolant system to the MAX level. Close the expansion tank cap. Start the engine and run to operating temperature at varying engine speeds until the radiator fan cuts in. Carefully open the expansion tank cap and top up to the MAX level. Close the cap. Switch off the engine and if necessary top the coolant up to the MAX level. 29 Check that the cooling system does not leak and that the heater works. 30 Place the installation instructions in the car and draw the customer's attention to the user instructions. Note The A/C or ACC should be turned OFF.
9. 53 29 271 9 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 A Branch cable set B Timer kit E930A073 B A
5. 53 29 271 5 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 12 Raise the car and close the drain plug. 13 Insert the supply connector cable between the radiator and the subframe. Locate the cable connection on top of the gearbox. 14 Drill a 3.5 mm diamet er hole for the ground cable in the underside of the left-hand structural member. 15 Scrape off any paint to ensure a good ground connection and secure the ground cable with a screw and lock washer (place the lock washer between the ground cable terminal and the body). Apply light anti-c orrosion agent, part no. 30 15 971. Secure the ground cable along the supply cable. 16 Fit the air shield and lower the car. E930A394 13 14
6. 6 53 29 271 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 17 Remove the engine cover and disconnect any hoses and electrical connections from the turbo- charger delivery pipe. Remove the turbocharger delivery pipe between the charge air cooler and the throttle body, including the bypass pipe and the heat shield over the exhaust manifold. Plug the holes. 17 17 17 17 E930A396 17 17
2. 2 53 29 271 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 1 Read fully through the in stallation instructions and check that all the parts are present in the kit. 2 Lay covers on the wings and remove the cap on the coolant system expansions tank. 3 Raise the car. Use a re ceptacle to collect the coolant. Remove the air shield behind the bumper, connect a hose, open the drain plug and drain the coolant. 4 Lower the car to a suitab le working height for fit- ting the connector plug to the bumper shell. WARNING Take care if the engine is hot. The coolant will also be hot. You could get burnt if you brush against the exhaust manifold. E930A260 2 3
3. 53 29 271 3 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 5 -M05: Mark out the location for the holder for the supply connector plug. The arrow on the holder should point forwards. Make holes with a brad- awl. 6 -M05: Place the supply connector plug in the holder so that the cover opens upwards. Fit the holder to the bumper. Proceed to step 12. E930A261 5 5 6
1. Saab 9-5 B205, B235 9-5 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-5 B205, B235 Parking heater 1 Extension cable 2 Connector plug and connector cable 3 Holder 4 Screw (x2) -M05 5Screw 6Star washer 7 Heating element 8 Locking clip 9 Cable tie (x5) 10 Clips 11 Screw (x2) M06- 12 Nut (x2) M06- Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 32 025 650 32 026 240 9:87-31 Oct 07 53 29 271 53 29 271 Sep 05 E930A39 3 3 4 1 2 8 6 5 7 9 10 12 11
7. 53 29 271 7 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 18 If necessary, disconnect the cable to the lower oxygen sensor and remove the frost plug using tool 260 147 020. Use, for example, a 17 mm socket. 19 Apply acid-free petroleum jelly, part no. 30 06 665, or equivalent, to the heating element O- ring. 20 Fit the heating element so that the electrical connection is directed towards the left-hand side of the car and the connection is between the coolant pipes and under the turbocharger cool- ant pipe. Do not tighten the nut holding the heat- ing element. 21 Adjust the position of the heating element so that it is free from cont act with the coolant pipes. Tighten the nut. Tightening torque 3.5 Nm (2.5 lbf ft) Connect and secure the cable to the lower oxy- gen sensor. 22 Apply acid-free petroleum jelly, part no. 30 15 286 or equivalent, to the O-ring on the supply connector cable and connect the cable to the heating element. 23 Fit the lock clip over the connection. A click should be heard when the lock clip is fitted cor- rectly. 24 Aut: Secure the supply connector cable to the lower cable by the battery tray with the clips included in the kit. Man: Secure the supply connector cable to the left-hand structural member with a strap. E930A397 18 23 20 WARNING Make sure that the cable does not make contact with sharp edges or hot surfaces. Be aware of the turbo unit. Scrapes and heat damage can cause a short-circuit.
4. 4 53 29 271 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 7 M06-: Tape the spoiler using woven tape for example to prevent damage to the paintwork. 8 M06-: Mark out the location for the holder for the supply connector plug using a bradawl on the rib, see illustration. The arrow on the holder should point forwards. 9 M06-: Drill two 6 mm holes in the rib. Bend the rib down using a hammer handle for example in order to facilitate access. Fit a plastic hose to the drill to prevent damage to the paintwork. 10 M06-: Position the supply connector plug in the holder and secure it with screw and nut. The cover must open towards the number plate. 11 M06-: Remove the tape. 9 9 10 7 E930A395
10. 10 53 29 271 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 User instructions • The extension cable must be made of oil-resist- ant rubber and approved for outdoor use with a cross-sectional area of at least 3x1.5 mm 2 . • The engine heater must be connected to a grounded outlet only. • Handle all cables with care. Pay particular atten- tion to the risk of pinching between the bonnet and the body of the car and the risk of cuts on sharp metal components. • Inspect regularly the extension cable for damage or ageing. Damaged cables must be renewed immediately. WARNING Check regularly the ground connection between the ground pin in the connector plug, the heater casing and the car body. Note The function of the heater will be at risk if: • there are impurities in the coolant • the coolant level is too low or if there is air in the system • there is ice slush in the system • radiator sealant is used
- 807 Totale weergaven
- 681 Websiteweergaven
- 126 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 8 www.saabpartners.com
- 2 saab.aardug.com
- 9 saabpartners.com
- 1 184.108.40.206
- 2 220.127.116.11
Spatplaat, voor1985 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L1776 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 11774 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon1771 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-51764 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-31744 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 11722 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 61695 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-51686 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-1579 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D1576 Weergaven.
Ice scraper 9-31567 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-51552 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-51524 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 9-5 4D 11523 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Premium 150 sound system 9-3 CV 11522 Weergaven.