Towbar 9-5 2
12. 12 55 24 319 Saab 9-5 40 Lift up the luggage compartment floor and drill a 5.5 mm hole in the right-hand reinforcement, see illustration. Scrape away the paint around the hole. 41 Screw the wiring harness ground cable into the reinforcement. Make sure that the ground cable does not cover the hole in the reinforcement. Run the ground cable under the diode box and secure it in the floor with tape. 42 Press the wiring harness diode box firmly onto the right-hand weld screw on the floor, see illus- tration. 43 Plug the wiring harness connector into the car's connector. E980A537 40 41 42 43
2. 2 55 24 319 Saab 9-5 1 Body bracket 2 Ball unit 3 Reinforcement (x2) (only in kit 32 025 643, 400 133 625 and 32 025 952) 4 Reinforcement (x2) (only in kit 400 133 591 and 32 025 953) 5 Storage bag 6 Rubber plug 7Seal (x2) 8 Bolt, taptite (x4) 9 Bolt M10X30 (x7) 10 Bolt M10x70 (x2) 11 Nut M10 (x4) 12 Sleeve (x2) (only in kit 32 025 643 and 400 133 625) 13 Nut plate (x2) 14 Washer (x2) 15 Press nut (x2) 16 Strap (only in kit 400 133 591 and 32 025 953) 17 Key (x2) 18 Ball guard 19 Lock pin 20 Wiring harness with diode box 21 Zinc plate (only in kit 32 025 952 and 32 025 953) 22 Zinc washer (x3) (only in kit 32 025 952 and 32 025 953) 019_001 E980A635 15 14 1 7 5 6 10 11 18 3 4 8 19 19 20 16 12 9 13 17 2 22 21
14. 14 55 24 319 Saab 9-5 Wiring diagram, wiring harness with diode box The table refers to connection 258 in the car. GN YE BN WH WH 1 2 258 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 DIODE BOX SAE J 1239 RIGHT DIR.IND/BRAKE 1 LEFT DIR.IND/BRAKE 2 TAILLIGHT 3 GROUND 4 M4922001 990604 Pin no 1 Left-hand direction indicator 2 Rear fog light (on/off) 3 Rear fog light 4 Left-hand direction indicator 5 Right-hand rear light 6 Brake lights 7 Left-hand rear light 8 Reversing lights 9+30 10 +54
9. 55 24 319 9 Saab 9-5 26 Fit the seals on the body (self-adhering) and apply cavity seal Terotex HV 400 on internal sur- faces. Fit the sleeves. -M01: Apply corrosion protection to the surfaces from which body sealant was scraped away. 27 Fit the upper foam block on the bumper. 28 Remove the screw fitted in one of the bumper rail holes. There are three screws designed for fitting the towbar to the bumper rail. Insert these screws in the bumper rail holes and tighten. Fit the towbar to the bumper using the zinc plate as a buffer. Use the screws together with the zinc washers. Check that the line above the towbar’s upper screw is parallel to the bumper rail. Tightening torque 40 Nm (30 lbf ft). X Eye for attachment of trailer/caravan safety chain. E980A636 28 28 26 28 28 X
6. 6 55 24 319 Saab 9-5 10 5D -M01: Using a universal knife with hook shaped blade, cut out in the bumper shell bracket for the towbar in accordance with the inner marking, and for the wiring harness and junction box in accordance with the marking (a jig saw can also be used). The remaining tab on the underside of the bumper between the tow- bar and box's cuts must be removed. 11 M02-: Using a universal knife with hook shaped blade, cut out in the bumper shell bracket for the towbar in accordance with the marked area. Important Cut or saw as exact as possible. The appearance is very important. Adjust with a file if necessary. E980A478 10 11 -M01 M02-
7. 55 24 319 7 Saab 9-5 12 Remove the upper foam block on the bumper. Remove the spacer washers from the bumper rail and fit the reinforcements in their place. Tighten the four retaining nuts of the bumper to secure the reinforcements. 13 Use protective goggles and drill the four holes in the bumper rail with a 6.5 mm bit. Clean away the drilling debris from the bumper rail. 14 Fit the taptite bolts (self-tapping). Tightening torque 25 Nm (20 lbf ft). 15 Remove the nuts. 16 -M01: Scrape away sealant compound from where the bumper reinforcements will lie against the body. 17 Fit the bumper and secure it to the body with the two upper nuts. 18 4D: Detach the wiring harness fitting at the bumper mountings in the luggage compartment and fit the sleeves in the holes in the luggage compartment. E980A479 18 14 14 12 12 13 (6.5mm) 12
8. 8 55 24 319 Saab 9-5 19 Use protective goggles and a 10 mm bit to drill through the females, the holes in the rear end panel and the reinforcements. 20 Remove the sleeves. 21 Remove the bumper and clean all debris from the luggage compartment. 22 Use protective goggles and enlarge the 10 mm holes in the reinforcements with a 12.4 mm drill bit. 23 Deburr the holes and remove loose splinters and flakes of paint. 24 5D : Fit the press nuts using a bolt, M10x30, in the new holes drilled into the reinforcements. Following which, remove the bolt. 25 4D : Fit the press nuts at right angles using the sleeve and M10x70 bolt. Tighten the press nuts until they are completely inserted. Remove the bolt and then fit it as illustrated. Use Thread locking adhesive, Omnifit 100M-Spezial. Important Be careful not to damage the car's cable harness. 10 mm E980A533 19 24 25 5D 4D
1. Saab 9-5 900 Monteringsanvisning SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-5 Towbar Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 400 133 591 400 133 625 32 025 643 32 025 952 32 025 953 8:60-48 Jun 07 55 24 319 Sep 05 E980A634
3. 55 24 319 3 Saab 9-5 400 133 591 (Saab part number 55 24 277), 5D 400 133 625 (Saab part number 55 24 434), 4D 32 025 643, 4D 32 025 952, 4D 32 025 953, 5D The towing bracket has been designed and tested in accordance with test standard V-5 and is intended for Class 2. Maximum permitted trailer weight: Trailer with brake: 3500 lbs (1587 kg) Trailer without brake: 1000 lbs (455 kg) Max. permissible ball pressure: 165 lbs (75 kg) Assembly weight: 21.5 lbs (9.8 kg) Note Always check national legislation and regulations regarding mounting a towing bracket. Ensure that all requirements are complied with. Important The wiring harness must be connected in accord- ance with these installation instructions. This is mandatory. If the wiring harness is connected in any other way then the car's electronic system can be damaged.
13. 55 24 319 13 Saab 9-5 44 5D: Refit the storage compartments and the outer sections of the luggage compartment floor. 45 4D: Fit the right and left-hand side trim in the luggage compartment. 46 4D: Fit the luggage compartment scuff plate. 47 Check fit the ball unit and check the function. Carefully tear off the page covering fitting and removal of the ball unit and hand it to the cus- tomer together with the keys and the installation instructions. 48 5D: When the ball unit is not used it must be stored by the spare wheel and secured with the accompanying strap. The strap must be secured through two of the holes in the rim and around the ball unit. E980A538 44 44 47 45 46
16. 16 55 24 319 Saab 9-5 Detaching the ball unit 1 Turn the sleeve to access the lock. Insert the key, turn it clockwise and remove the pin's lock. 2 Pull out the pin. 3 Fit the lock on the pin, turn the key anticlockwise and remove it. 4 Remove the ball unit. Storing the ball unit 1 Fit the ball unit in the storage bag. 2 5D: Fold up the luggage compartment floor. 3 5D: Affix the ball unit to the body member with the strap. 4 5D: Fold down the luggage compartment floor. WARNING Affix the ball unit carefully so that there is no risk of it being thrown around in the event of heavy breaking or an accident, as it could then cause personal injury. E980A568 4 1 1 3
5. 55 24 319 5 Saab 9-5 6 5D -M01: Detach the rear lights by removing the two covers over the screws, undo the screws and pull away the brackets in the front edge of the lights. 7 4D -M01: Remove the corner spacer panels under the rear lights. 8 If the car was equipped with one, remove the jack and towing eye and fit the rubber plug. 9 5D -M01: Unscrew the bolts to the upper section of the bumper shell bracket slightly and carefully pull the upper section of the shell bracket from its snap fasteners. 5D M02-: Unscrew the bolts to the upper section of the bumper shell bracket slightly, also detach the corner sections of the bumper moulding and carefully pull the upper section of the shell bracket backwards from its snap fasteners. M02- with SPA: Detach the sensor connectors. 7 E980A477 6 6 8 9 9 9
11. 55 24 319 11 Saab 9-5 34 5D -M01: Fit the upper section of the bumper shell bracket by first aligning it to the four bolts on the bumper member. Following which, con- tinue to press in the upper section of the shell bracket with the hooks around the edge. Tighten the bolts. 5D M02-: Push in the upper section of the bumper shell bracket into the recess in the bumper shell bracket and align the tabs to the four bolts in the bumper member. Use a large screwdriver to position the tabs behind the bolt washers. Tighten the bolts. 35 M02-M05: Fit the corners of the bumper moulding. 36 5D -M01: Fit the rear lights. 37 4D -M01: Fit the corner spacer panels. 38 4D: Secure the wiring harness at the bumper mountings. 39 If the car was equipped with one, fit the jack in the toolbox, fit the foam blocks over the bumper mountings in the luggage compartment. E980A536 36 39 36 37 34 35
15. 55 24 319 15 Saab 9-5 User instructions (to be kept in the owner's manual) Fitting the ball unit 1 Take out the ball unit. 2 Fit the ball unit. 3 Insert the key in the pin's lock, turn it clockwise and remove the pin's lock. 4 Insert the pin into the towing bracket hole and fit the lock to the pin. Turn the key anticlockwise to lock the pin and then remove the key. Turn the lock sleeve to hide and protect the lock. WARNING To ensure that the towbar is coupled correctly and safely : The coupling mechanism must always be well lubricated. Use a base oil with anti-corrosion properties and with a wide temperature range. We recommend that you contact an authorised Saab workshop regarding which lubricant is appropriate. Always fit the protective cover when the tow- ball unit is not attached. It must always be possible to detach and attach the towball unit without it jamming. E980A485 2 3 4 4
4. 4 55 24 319 Saab 9-5 1 5D: Detach the outer sections of the luggage compartment floor. 2 5D: Lift up the storage compartments and pull away the foam blocks (2 per side) in the rear edge of the body. 3 4D: Remove the luggage compartment scuff plate. 4 4D: Detach the right and left-hand side trim in the luggage compartment. Pull away the foam blocks (2 per side) in the rear edge of the body. 5 -M01: Detach the bumper by removing the bolts at the wheel housings and the nuts from the lug- gage compartment. M02-: Detach the bumper by removing the bolts at the wheel housings and the nuts from the lug- gage compartment and by pulling the side sec- tions of the bumper outwards. Cars with SPA: Detach the connector. Important Place the bumper on a soft, clean surface. E980A476 1 1 2 5 5 -M01 M02-
10. 10 55 24 319 Saab 9-5 29 Position the bumper. Cars with SPA: Attach the connector. 30 -M01: Fit the bumper to the car with four nuts. M02-: Fit the bumper to the car with four nuts, fit- ting washers (A) under the top nuts. ( 4D: When the upper bolt is fitted in the reinforcement it is six nuts). Tightening torque 40 Nm (30 lbf ft). Fit the bolts at the wheel housings. 31 Secure the reinforcements to the car. Tightening torque 40 Nm (30 lbf ft). 32 Fit the bolts and nut plates that hold the towing bracket on the body. Tightening torque 40 Nm (30 lbf ft). 33 5D M02- with SPA: Attach the sensors. E980A535 31 30 A 31 30 A 4D 5D 32
- 1051 Totale weergaven
- 927 Websiteweergaven
- 124 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 11 saabpartners.com
- 5 www.saabpartners.com
- 3 188.8.131.52
- 5 184.108.40.206
Spatplaat, voor2980 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Prestige 300 sound system 9-3 CV2881 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 12764 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon2748 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Premium 150 sound system 9-3 CV 12669 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-52627 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-52601 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-52474 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-2465 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L2446 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-52434 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D2403 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-32373 Weergaven.
Aanvullingskit standverwarming2324 Weergaven.